The Passport Book/Passport Card application fee is ONLY payable via personal check or money order made out to U.S. Department of State. Please ensure you have this prior to your appointment.
Application Fees for First-Time Applicants
|Passport Book/Card Fee||Passport Application Processing Fee|
|Payable ONLY by Check or Money Order to the U.S. Department of State||Payable to UNCG by Check, Cash, Visa, MasterCard, SpartanCash|
|16 and Over||$110.00||$35.00|
|16 and Over||$30.00||$35.00|
Routine Service: (Form DS-11) – Received within six to eight (6-8) weeks
Expedited Service: (Form DS-11) – Received within two to three (2-3) weeks
- ❖ Add Expedited Service Fee of $60 Per Application (in addition to the fees above)
Payable ONLY by check or money order to U.S. Department of State
- ❖ Also add 2-Way Overnight Delivery – Expedite fee does not include overnight delivery.
- ❖ Customer must arrange for overnight delivery to ensure receipt within two (2) weeks.
If international departure in less than two (2) weeks, or passport is needed for foreign visas, application at a Regional Passport Agency may be advised. An appointment is required. Contact the National Passport Information Center (NPIC) toll free at 1-877-487-2778 (TDD: 1-888-874-7793) or by email at NPIC@state.gov.
Passport Photograph Fee
(if done at UNCG Passport Services)
Passport photographs may be taken at UNCG Passport Services or Applicant may bring photos.
The passport applicant is required to submit, along with the passport application, two identical photographs which are sufficiently recent (normally not more than 6 months old) to be a good likeness of and satisfactorily identify the applicant.
Passport Photograph Fee
(not included with passport execution or processing fee)
Photographs must meet the following requirements
- ❖ Eyeglasses will no longer be allowed to be worn in Passport photos.
- ❖ Photographs must measure 2 x 2 inches in size. Head size in the photo, must meet the following measurements. Measuring from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head (including hair) must be a minimum of 1 inch and a maximum 1-3/8 inches.
- ❖ Photographs must be in color.
- ❖ Photographs must be clear images and have a plain white or light-colored background.
- ❖ Visit the U.S. Passport Photos website for additional information.